Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pan con l’Uva (Bread with Grapes)


I came across this while browsing around on some of my favorite foodie blogs for Thanksgiving recipes/ideas. Just the pictures alone had me very nearly drooling...all oozing with rich grapiness atop a tender, lightly sweet & yeasty baked dough. (sigh)

Bread and grapes...I have a marked weakness for both. They are comfort foods, whispering of autumn and warmth. While my own grapes will not be ready to harvest for a couple of years, I believe Wegman's had some beautiful wine grapes in about this time last year - you can bet I will be checking. This could be a delicious alternative to traditional pumpkin pie.

I think this will be superb with a New World-style red blend from Tuscany, such as the Perazetta Erio Rosso.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Rita, the author of Pan con l'Uva. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your post: I'm so honored and flattered to be mentioned by you! You're making a great job, guys! Gonna follow you on twitter and facebook, too!