Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Boys of Summer

Stuck inside -- my house, my car, even this winsome little wine shop -- I am desperate for the warm weather to finally arrive and for this rain to give way to a bit of sunshine. I have plans for picnics, grilling, outdoor concerts, for drinking indiscreet quantities of kybecca picpoul and Nora albarino, and this weather is holding me back. I am even planning to take up beer this summer, I feel the Call -- and when customers have complicated beer requests (it happens!) I can stop bothering Matt. I will grill it all -- seafood, fruit, vegetables, countless hamburgers, steaks, pizza. I will complain about the humidity and make sure there's always ice and Blue & Gray in the cooler. I am going to sit outside at the kybecca wine bar (when I'm off duty!), following flights of wine and lazy conversation. I am going to watch Andy Roddick beat Roger Federer again!

If the weather ever gives me a chance.

Vina Nora Albarino 2006. Pale color, enticing aromas of white pepper, snap pea, mint and smoke. Juicy and bright with strong flavors of citrus skin, apple, flowers, and mint, complicated by a smoky whiff of French oak. 88 points, Steven Tanzer.

No comments: