Tuesday, November 2, 2010

If lovin' Ewe is wrong...



...I don't wanna be right. Yes, I suppose that sounds a bit cheesy. And indeed, it is! I am of course, speaking of the Brebirousse d'Argental - a lovely ewe's milk cheese from the Burgundy region of France. It first charms the eye with its beautiful orange, bloomy rind and pure white paste. On the tongue it is pure heaven, rich and velvety like thick cream, tasting of fresh milk, newly mowed hay, butter and a light tang. Absolutely heavenly.

I shamelessly devoured nearly a quarter of a pound of this over two nights with a little white Bordeaux. It was a pretty perfect pairing but this cheese is soooooo special I think I might have to go for a bottle of Claude Riffault Sancerre for the next time. And perhaps a Chenin blanc after that...

No comments: