- Very few things compare to the pleasure of eating a properly cooked, fresh egg.
- Pasture-raised chickens that feed on bugs and feed produce the absolute best tasting eggs.
- Egg white omelette's are an abomination (plus all the nutrition is in the yolk).
- Learning to make egg dishes takes years of practice, and is totally worth the effort.
- The darker the yolk, the fresher, tastier and higher quality the egg.
Eggs are so versatile and inexpensive that I cook them frequently for breakfast and dinner. I do know that it pays to find the freshest, best eggs you can get. Farmer's markets are the best place, but barring that cage-free, organic eggs are the next best thing. Just be sure to buy them from a place that moves their produce, you don't want to be stuck with product that has been sitting on the shelf for a long time.
My favorite egg cook book is The Good Egg which a James Beard award winning book. Tons of fantastic recipes plus step-by-step instructions to make perfect eggs.
My favorite dinner egg recipe is Michael Chiarello's Bitter Greens with Poached Egg and Prosciutto Bits. I have made this many times, always with great results.
Plus it's healthy and it has bacon. Sigh, did I mention I love bacon?