Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Brew Pub To Come to Fredericksburg

Or rather an existing pub will become a brew pub. From this month's Front Porch Magazine I learn through Lyle Brown's beer column that he and his son Kevin will be brewing beer for The Pub, which is located just across the street from the kybecca on Plank Road, in the same shopping center as Bloom Supermarket. I know Lyle and I can tell you I'm pretty sure I don't know anybody who knows as much about beer as he does, so I'm willing to bet this is going to be some tasty beer. This area needs a brew pub too. Contrary to how it's often talked about, Capital Ale House is not a brew pub, they sell other people's beer.

While we're on the subject of Lyle and beer, some of you may be interested to learn that Lyle heads a group called the Fredericksburg Area Brewing and Tasting Society, which meets at the Plank Road kybecca once per month. Basically, the group tastes a series of beers under some sort of theme (this month's theme is Summer Beer), and some members bring beer they brewed at home to try. If you are interested, their website is www.fabts.org where you can get more information.

No comments: