Saturday, May 17, 2008

Schott Zweisel Forte Wine GlassWithout sounding too much like a wine snob, I have to say I have always loved using good quality stemware. It is always a disappointment to me when I order a glass of wine at a restaurant and it is served in a clunky glass with a thick rim.

So when we began working on the wine bar I knew we had to use a well crafted crystal glass that curved inward enough to capture the lovely aromas of the wine, but not so large that you end up drinking out of a fish bowl (you know what I mean, being trendy doesn't necessarily make for good function).

After testing out endless stemware choices, we settled on various selections from the Schott Zweisel line of crystal. Two glasses will be from the forte line, and two choices are from the sommelier top ten series. They are sturdy and beautiful, and the dessert wine glass in particular really makes you feel as though your are sipping something special.

Cheers

No comments: