Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Beers This Week

We've got two beauties from England. Both from the same brewery, the world famous J.W. Lees in Manchester. First up, and I am very excited about this one because I've been asking for it for months, we have the Harvest Ale aged in Sherry Casks. I have yet to taste it (it just came in today), but from what I understand this is a very strong and complex ale. Flavor descriptors I have read are vanilla, sherry (duh), raisins, caramel, cereal, and toast. Actually, now that I'm reading that it sounds like a good breakfast, but kybecca officially does not recommend drinking this beer in the morning.

I've had several people tell me that I should bring in an English Barleywine (I already have several American ones). I had trouble finding one, but now we have the J.W. Lees Moonraker Barleywine. For those who have never heard of it, a barleywine is a type of English Strong Ale with lots of malt character, very rich and higher than normal alcohol. I tried to post a picture but blogger is not cooperating with me.

Both of these beers are not easy to come by, so come on in and get them while you can. Available at both stores.

No comments: